Fraud of all types continues to plague credit unions and their members. It’s important to stay informed, prepared, and protected. The resources below are intended to help detect and prevent fraud at your credit union, as well as to assist you and your employees in reporting it when it occurs. If you have something occurring, let us know so we can communicate with other credit unions.
Along with all the news of COVID-19 come scams and fraudulent situations. Below are some resources and recent alerts on the topic:
- FTC & FDA warning of bogus Coronavirus treatments
- FTC issues a Part 2 warning of Coronavirus scams
- FTC blog on possible scams related to government payments
- Montana Attorney General warning of potential Coronavirus scams
- CUNA Mutual Group risk alert on Coronavirus scams
- FinCEN warns of 4 types of fraudulent transactions in wake of COVID-19