Free Educational Resources
As organizations cancel or reschedule in-person trainings and conferences, organizations and speakers have stepped up to offer free videos, webinars, trainings, and access to online resources. We’ve set up this page to collect the ones that we think are well-done, interesting, and of value for credit union audience.
If you have something that you think should be included, please email Renee.
Recorded (Available Now)
CU Webinar Network Webinars (added 3/17/21)
We partner with the Credit Union Webinar Network to deliver a variety of quality and affordable distance learning opportunities through webinars, covering critical issues for credit union employees and volunteers. Here are five complimentary webinars available for your credit union to use at your convenience.
- The Dark Web & Your CU: Impact, Risks, Strategy
- Harassment Claims in a #MeToo World
- Communicating in a Crisis: How to Protect Your Reputation & Brand
- Incorporating Diversity & Inclusion into your HR Policies
- Pandemic Preparedness: Managing Coronavirus & Other Epidemics
How the Election Outcomes Affect CU Advocacy (added 11/6/20)
CUNA experts Ryan Donovan, Richard Gose, and Trey Hawkins broke down what the results mean for credit union priorities in our post-election analysis webinar.
Succession Planning (added 9/9/20)
Success planning is one of the industry’s hottest topics. Get advice from our partner Jim Kasch from Canidae Consulting during this webinar as part of the Small Credit Union Webinar Series. Jim covers several best practices for credit unions of all sizes to consider while planning for their credit union’s future. Download the slides and listen today.
Drama @ Work (added 8/25/20)
Mark Willmarth of Vision West Consulting was the featured presenter for the HYPE Community’s third-quarter call. Mark spoke on Drama@Work — how to recognize it, how to identify the roles being played, and how to choose NOT to be drawn into the drama. Download the handout here.
Member and Employee Financial Well-being in the New Normal, Gigi Hyland, Executive Director, National Credit Union Foundation (added 6/18/20)
Adapting to New Realities in Financial Services Webinar (added 6/12/20)
The COVID-19 crisis has been devastating in so many ways in so many parts of the world. While we will be dealing with its impact for some time to come, it has acted as a catalyst for credit unions in accelerating certain strategies and enhancing their capabilities in key areas. During this session, Mark Sievewright will provide his insights on how a set of ‘new realities’ will impact credit unions and how they can (and should) respond. Check out this handout from Mark.
Cyber Liability and Intelligence Webinar (added 6/5/20)
CUNA announces the availability of the Cyber Liability and Intelligence recorded webinar. This webinar provides the latest information on breaches and ways to reduce liability through cyber and risk management insurance. This one-hour webinar is free to both CUNA members and NASCUS members.
NCUA CLF Webinar (added 6/3/20)
Take a look at NCUA’s recently released on-demand webinar on the regulatory and legislative enhancements made to the Central Liquidity Facility. During the webinar, Owen Cole, president of the CLF, explains how the facility works and how it fits within a credit union’s broader liquidity risk-management program. He also provides an overview of recent changes to the Central Liquidity Facility made by the CARES Act and the NCUA Board.
We are pleased to offer education resources to you for free with our relationship with Inclusiv. Inclusiv has developed tremendous expertise and knowledge in serving the under-served, providing technical assistance, networking opportunities, capital, professional development, financial counseling and education and best practices to support the credit unions working in community development (CDCUs). In addition to network membership benefits, Inclusiv offers guidance to credit unions serving low- and moderate-income communities through research publications, webinar series, roundtable events and its Inclusiv Annual Conference. Check out this site regularly as things are added often.
Remote Online Notarization (added 3/27/20)
There have been many questions about Remote Online Notarization (RON) amidst the Covid-19 situation. Lori Hamm from the Secretary of State’s office shared a webinar demonstrating the RON process. This webinar serves as the state’s required training for RON and includes a link to the mandatory state test at the end. Additionally, the training outlines steps needed to implement RON at your credit union. If you have any notary questions contact Lori.
Wellness Webinar Series
Wellness Webinar Series from MCUL Trust
The MCUL Group Benefit Trust teamed up with some well-known experts to develop some mental health learning opportunities to help strengthen all of our credit union teams amid the COVID crisis and recovery. Below are the six on-demand webinars now available free to our members.
- Simple Sleep Webinar: by wellness expert Angela Gaffney, offers several tips, resources, and steps on getting the best sleep. (added 5/22/20)
- Let’s Redefine Well-Being Webinar: join Dr. Laura Ciel and learn more about an integrated framework you can use both personally and professionally to expand your well-being so you can thrive in (not simply survive) this current situation. (added 5/29/20)
- Fight, Flight… or JUST RIGHT: Turbulent times can dysregulate our nervous system, leaving us in a neurochemical storm of chaos, stress, and disease. Watch this 20-minute webinar from Dr. Renée Ostertag to discover quick strategies and exercises to bring yourself back into equilibrium. (added 6/3/20)
- Self-Care: Daily Steps to Improve Your Health: Caring for others gives meaning and purpose to our lives, but over time, can consume our time and energy, and we forget to take care of ourselves. Watch this 20-minute webinar from Shannon Jones, lead health coach at Take Control. (added 6/8/20)
- Boost the Immune System: Learn how to focus on high quality choices in every area of life to achieve health and happiness for the long haul in this 20-minute webinar from wellness expert Angela Gaffney. Check out this take-away resource provided by Angela. (added 6/24/20)
- Navigating Life’s Challenges With Resilience: This 15-minute webinar from Shannon Jones, lead health coach at Take Control focuses on resilience and the ability to bounce back from disappointments and adapt to things you can’t change. (added 6/29/20)
Video Series or Trainings
Foundation Field Notes Video Series (updated 3/17/21)
We are excited about the launch of our new video series, Foundation Field Notes. In this series, Foundation Executive Director Gigi Hyland will virtually meet with leaders across our industry and beyond to explore how we can improve the financial well-being of staff, members and communities.
- Episode 1: Keeping Volunteers & Staff on Mission
- Episode 2: Leadership During the “Marathon” of this Pandemic
- Episode 3: Consumer Research & Trends During the Pandemic
- Episode 4: Royal CU’s Correctional Facility Education Program
- Episode 5: Suncoast CU’s Employee Resource Center
- Episode 6: VyStar CU’s @Work Program
- Episode 7: Worldwide Foundation Executive Director Mike Reuter
- Episode 8: Alkami Technology VP of Product Management Jeff Chen
- Episode 9: Neighborhood Trust Financial Partners CEO Justine Zinkin
- Episode 10: Small Business Lending During the Pandemic
- Episode 11: Planning for Retirement for Women
Exploring Our Values (added 9/1/20)
The National Credit Union Foundation is excited to provide credit unions with a brand-new, free learning resource called Exploring Our Values. Exploring Our Values is a self-guided course perfect for our current virtual learning environment to work through at your own pace. The course is designed for credit union employees at any level of the organization. The course is designed to teach the fundamentals of credit unions’ cooperative structure, operating principles, and history using key lessons from the signature Credit Union Development Education (DE) Program.
Free Resources from TEAM Resources (added 5/5/20)
Check out TEAM Resources Free Downloads page on their website. They recently added the Digital Self-Audit Questionnaire. You can use this useful tool in a variety of ways to find out how digital ready you are to take on this challenging climate. Also, check out their Board Governance Video Series.
Front-Line Video Series from Jeff Rendel (added 3/26/20)
Your members count on your front line leaders for outstanding service at all times, especially now. These 52, five-minute segments offer a full year of content, lessons, and action plans. Each segment is formatted in a narrated Power Point and MP4 video file. You choose what works best.
Resources from our Business Partners
Pandemic Planning and Resilience for Leaders Checklist (added 7/30/20)
When created properly, resilience is a strategy that permeates all business functions and should be devised with a broad, enterprise lens. This checklist from Agility Recovery presents practical considerations to address alongside the excitement of returning to regular work routines.
Watch this webinar hosted by Filene Research and featuring CO-OP’s David Demsko and Summit Credit Union’s Rebeca Gerothanas discussing the social and economic impact of COVID-19 and how credit unions should respond.
FIS Thought Leadership Webinar Series
The FIS Credit Union Division is focused on providing helpful content and solutions for you during the pandemic. FIS is happy to present a five-part on-demand webinar series presented by Sundeep Kapur of Digital Credence.
- Part 1: Pursuing Relevance: Today, Tomorrow, & Beyond 2020 (added 5/5/20)
- Part 2: Top of Mind? Primary Financial Institution? Focus on Payments! (added 5/11/20)
- Part 3: Developing a Foundational Digital Strategy (added 5/19/20)
- Part 4: Cognitive Collaboration (added 5/19/20)
- Part 5: Delivering on Experience (added 6/1/20)
Other Great Resources
This entry-level Intranet system is specially built for smaller credit unions. Through it they can offer their employees and volunteers online, secure access to all things credit union related, including policies, procedures, and updates.
Montana Nonprofit Association Town Hall Schedule (added 3/27/20)
MNA has provided a list of both upcoming live town halls and recorded meetings as a resource for you to connect with your community and other nonprofit organizations during uncertain times.