> Communications and PR
> June 2014
Below are the links to the news items that we posted on our home page during June 2014.
June 2014 Items
- Happy 80th Birthday Federal Credit Union Act : On June 26, 1934 FDR signed it into law and on June 26, 2014 President Obama praised the credit unions in made possible.
- 80 Years of Federal Credit Unions: NCUA set up a webpage commemorating the anniversary, including a video on the history of credit unions and an infographic.
- aSmarterChoice.org: Consider a credit union when you refinance your car. More►
- What's the Future of Interest Rates?: CUNA Economist Steve Ricks offers his ideas in Credit Union Magazine. More►
- Members' Financial Health: A new Filene Research Institute report finds that credit union coaching can help. More►
- Examinations: This week's A Direct Line urges boards and directors to know their rights. More►
- Senate Confirms McWatters: It's official: J. Mark McWatters is the newest member on the NCUA Board. More►
- Fryzel on Financial Literacy: The NCUA board member offers "ten easy steps" to start members on the road to financial literacy. More►
- Supporting the Supervisory Committee: This week's A Direct Line addresses credit union boards and supervisory committees. More►
- 2014 ICU Day Theme: This year's theme "Local Service. Global Good." emphasizes the positive effect credit unions have in their communities and across the world. More►
- Credit Union Rock Stars: CU Magazine is looking for Credit Union Rock Stars. Nominate one today. More►
- 13 Skills Every Adult Should Acquire: Dilbert's creator recommends 13 skills worth pursuing. More►
- CFPB Targets Mobile Usage: The CFPB is looking at the ways consumers use mobile financial services to manage their finances and access products. More►
- McWatters Approval Critical: The NCUA Board should have a full contingent as it considers comments on the RBC proposal. More►
- What's Your Reputation?: This week's A Direct Line gives you tips to boost your credit union's image in your community. More►
- Student Loan Changes: Fox Business reports on President Obama's executive action to ease student loan debt crunch.
- Cheney Passes the Torch: Tuesday was Bill Cheney's last day as CUNA president/CEO, and CU Magazine interviewed him about his time at CUNA and the credit union movement.
- What's Your Reputation? : This week's A Direct Line gives you tips to boost your credit union's image in your community. More►
- Biz Kid$ DVD Campaign Reaches Goal: A 158 Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in the U.S. received videos of the Emmy Award-winning TV show Biz Kid$. More►
- Reaching New Members: The Financial Brand helps financial institutions learn to "sharpen their marketing aim." More►
- Student Loan Relief on the Horizon: CNN Money reports that President Obama is set to expand the criteria for an alternative repayment program.
- Primary Election Results: Tuesday was Montana's Primary Election. The Secretary of State's website has the most up-to-date results for all races.
- Many Membership Meetings: To better connect with members, 1st Liberty FCU holds four meetings in four cities every May. More►
- Breathe Life into Your Board Meetings: This week, A Direct Line explains how to use the Custom Performance Report.
- Tuesday, June 3 is Election Day in Montana : Redistricting might have changed your polling precinct and place. If you're not sure where to vote, find out on My Voter Page.
- Trico Community FCU Supports Shodair: The credit union now has Credit Unions for Kids debit cards. For every swipe, Trico will donate a penny to Shodair. More►
- Other Duties as Assigned: In this week's A Direct Line urges directors to take on a very important task. More►
- Is College Worth Going into Debt?: A financial literacy survey suggests there's no simple answer, but financial advice is key to making it work. More►
- Top 10 Smartest States for Financial Literacy: Montana's not on the WalletHub list, but a few of our neighbors are.