> Communications and PR
> News Archive
Below will be the links to the news items that we recently posted on our home page. Also below are links to recent press releases we have sent out or received.
December 2013 Items
- Credit Unions Up 3 Points in Service Satisfaction: The American Customer Satisfaction Index shows credit unions improved their score from 82 to 85 this year. More►
- Student Loan Debt Climbs: NCUA releases guidance on private student loan products while a new report indicates that the average student debt load is increasing.
- Five Cyber Threats to Expect in 2014: Credit Union Times reports the five cyber threats that security professionals finger as the prime worries for 2014.
- December 3 was Giving Tuesday: Check out the Giving Tuesday website.
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: Time posts five great stories recalled by people who knew him. The man who changed the world. More►
- Stirring Up a Lotta (Cookie) Dough for Kids:
- NCUA Designates $481,000 for Technical Assistance Grants: Credit unions with low-income designations can apply for up to $16,500. More►
- What's in Store for 2014?: CUNA Sr. Economist Steve Rick offers a positive outlook. More►
- The New Face of the Payday Loan: NPR reports that federal regulators are restricting banks' use of "deposit advances." More►
- Money Possible: Destroy Debt: Credit union members in Wichita have the chance to share their story as they tackle their household debt. More►
- Montana Rolls Out Three-Legged Advocacy Plan: MCUN has launched a three-pronged campaign to engage credit unions across the state. More►
- Credit Unions Have Much to Be Thankful For: In his latest report, CUNA President/CEO Bill Cheney reflected that there's much to be thanikful for in credit union system.
- Holiday Spending Expected to Increase: CUNA's 14th annual holiday spending survey finds that more consumers plan to increase their spending and fewer consumers plan to spend less this year.
Click on the links below to access articles from past months (starting with August 2013).